Matias and his hat
I´ve been teaching some baby signs to Matias and he knows very well the sign for hat which is tapping the top of your head. He loves hats. Tonight he was adamant while I was singing his nightly lullaby before laying him to sleep in his crib that he wanted his hat on. : ) How funny. So I put his baseball cap on his head but slung to the side so he could sleep on his stomach if he wanted. How cute. So he fell asleep with his hat on. Isn´t that funny?
And Grandma Angela, his favorite book is the Monkeys on the Bed book. I don´t know if you remember getting it for him at Borders, but it came with a puppet in which each finger was a monkey. He loves that book. He likes to put his hand in the puppet too and make those monkeys jump around.
The batteries have died on his Silly Safari Bus book, so he´s pretty bummed about that...will have to see if we can replace them...think it uses a watch battery size.
The other things he loves right now besides books are dogs and motorcycles and cars. : ) They all make noises that we hear quite a bit from our apartment. Lots of stray dogs on the street so he has lots of opportunities to woof woof to announce that there is a dog in our presence. We live by a busy street and he mimics all the vehicles going by and if a loud car or motorcycle goes by making lots of noise he goes "oooooo" with a look of amazement with those lips all puckered and his eyes big. He does this high pitched squeal to mimic the ambulances..he he.
Today I asked him if he wanted to go up to our house using the elevator or the stairs. It took him a moment, but then he went running to the stairs! Loves a challenge and loves to be active. One of the things he loves is when I let him use the keys to try and open the door. Sometimes he´s pretty good and getting the right key into the hole, but I still have to turn the key. He loves keys. Sticks them everywhere thinking they´re magic to open whatever and loves to chew on them, especially now with all those teeth coming in.
Just thought I´d share the latest small marvels of watching my son learn and grow and enjoy life.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home